UDRC News & Updates: Archive
- AI in QA: Beyond Metadata
- Data Enrichment
- Troubleshoot and Validate Data with Pandas Profiling
- Finding Common Time
- Preparing for Indexing: Faster, Safer, More Useful Data at Rest
- Shrinking Vectors: Dimensionality Reduction to Reduce Search Space and Storage
- UDRC’s new data request application & tips to apply for data
- Defining a Payback Period
- The Economic Impact of the Gender Pay Gap
- The Impact of Education in Utah
- Insights from the Labor Force Participation Rate
- Intergenerational Poverty 2020 Research Update
- Longitudinal Intergenerational Poverty Research Release
- New Report on the Workforce Retention of Utah's Postsecondary Graduates
- Post-secondary education and consumption in Utah
- Research, What Is It Good For?
- The Value of Analyzing Course-Taking Patterns
- The Value of Researching Consumption
- Top Predictors of Intergenerational Poverty
- What is longitudinal research and why is it so useful?
2019 and older
- 2019 Longitudinal Intergenerational Poverty Research
- Average cost per award by university or college in Utah
- Defining a Living Wage
- Educational Attainment of Adults Experiencing Intergenerational Poverty
- Employment and wages in Utah after postsecondary graduation
- How do ACT scores stack up in Utah?
- How many first-time Utah college students return for a second year?
- New data narrative “Utah’s Education Pipeline” analyzes preschool to postsecondary readiness and access
- Outcomes for Working College Students in Utah
- Research Progress Update on Student Mobility
- The Retention of Working College Students in Utah
- ROI of Career and Technical Education Provided by UTech
- Tax Revenue Generated from UTech Graduates
- Time to graduation for Utah students seeking a bachelor's degree
- Utah’s K-12 academic proficiency by gender and race/ethnicity
- Utah students earning credits in advanced courses
- Utah students engaged in distance education
- Utah students' proficency in core academic subjects
- Wages and Workforce Attachment of Adults Experiencing Intergenerational Poverty
- Who enrolls in remedial math or English courses in Utah?
- Accelerated Data Processing Strategies
- The AUC-ROC curve
- Choosing a stochastic probability distribution to fit your data type
- Collider Bias in Applied Research
- Evaluation Metrics for Regression Tasks
- The Five Soft-Skills of a Great Researcher
- An Introduction to the Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition
- Instrumental Variables and Endogeneity Part 1: Theory
- Instrumental Variables and Endogeneity Part 2: Application in R
- Skiing this weekend? A decision tree approach
- Time Series Analysis
- True-positive rate and false-positive rate
- Visualizing Data with Seaborn
- Where am I? Using the SF package for R to locate points in an area
- The Value of Studying Public Assistance Use
- Two Types of Tasks in Machine Learning
- An introduction to cross-validation
- Avoiding Common Mistakes in Data Requests
- The bias-variance tradeoff
- Cluster Analysis: What it is and How to Use it
- Custom Transformations at the UDRC
- Deep Dive Series: Frequestist and Bayesian Statistics
- Getting to know your data set through visualization
- How accurate is your machine learning model?
- Linear Modeling in R
- Overfitting and Underfitting in Machine Learning
- R Deep Dive Series - R2jags
- Training Set and Test Set in Machine Learning
- Types of Machine Learning
- What does the UDRC use logistic regression for?
- What is Machine Learning?
- 2021 Research Agenda
- An Update on the Cloud Migration Project, 2021 Part 1
- Data Sharing Models For State Longitudinal Data Systems
- New UDRC UX Researcher Introduction: Laura Dahl
- Tips for keeping your team connected while working remotely
- UDRC’s Research Process
- Upcoming Virtual Data Conferences for 2021
- What does UDRC have planned for 2021?
- Middle-ish year UDRC update
User Experience (UX)
- Navigation Menu Accessibility and Why that is Important
- New Data Narrative Designs based on User Needs
- User Experience is a Practice of Negotiation during Design Review
- User Experience: What is it, and Why is it Important?
- Remote Work and Designing the Gender Wage Gap Online Data Narrative
- We need your help to improve our website
- Why is web accessibility important for the UDRC website?
2021 and 2020 Posts
- Peer Review at UDRC: How does it compare to academic peer review?
- Writing in Research Series: Abstracts
- Writing in Research Series: Establishing Common Definitions in Collaborative Research is Crucial
- Writing in Research Series: Limitations
- Writing in Research Series: The Value of the Discussion Section- Moving the Conversation Forward